Friday 1 February 2013

DIY: Perfume Plate

Hey Dolls 

I am relieved and stressed that it is the weekend. We are having Ava's birthday party this weekend and I want everything to be perfect. No matter how prepared I get I always feel like I am forgetting something. Not a good feeling. Anywho, I wanted to show you guys this super easy DIY that I recently did. I have seen tons of pretty mirrored and brass plates that people have been using for perfume and other knick knacks. I really really like them but have only been able to find some that cost a pretty penny!! And that is just not going to happen. So here is my alternative....


                                                         Materials:
                                                     - Old Frame
                                                     - Paint (Whatever color you would like the bottom to be, I chose silver)
                                                     - Paintbrush &Newspaper to put under project

      Step One: Clean the frame (including the glass. I bought my frames from a thrift store so this step is especially important)
Step Two: Take the glass out of the frame and paint it. If it is not completely opaque do a second coat when completely dry.
Step Three: Place the glass back in the frame. I then placed a thick piece of cardboard in the back as well to make sure that it was very secure in the frame and would not slide around. However, this step is optional. 

                                        Watch Me Make My Perfume Plate
& that is it dolls!! This is super easy so I hope you all give it a try :)
                                                      
                                                  KatXoXo

7 comments:

Marib Maqsood said...

Oh wow that's a pretty cool idea, than you for sharing! :)

Ashii said...

This is a good idea! I just have an old-style glass thingy to put my perfume on :P BTW I <3 britney's fantasy perfume!! x

Pandorah's Box said...

That is a super great idea!! You are crafty :)

Miss Mari ♥ said...

thak you for your comment ♥

Barbara Tamez ♥ xo said...

It looks sooooo vintage & chic !!! I love it!!! I need to make one for my perfumes :) xoxoxo

Passing Fancy said...

Great idea, I've been searching everywhere for a mirrored plate but I think I might give this a try :)
Anyway, love your entire blog!

passingfancyy.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

This looks great, I'll have to try it :)